Alcohol, diet, & smoking advice
- Call reception to book a routine appointment with a GP or nurse.
- You can also access Gloucestershire Healthy Lifestyles website for free help and advice.
Acupuncture clinic (Wednesdays)
- Call reception to make a routine appointment with a GP to discuss referral to the acupuncture clinic.
- This clinic is no longer funded by the NHS, so is reliant on donations from those who are able to contribute. A voluntary donation of £15 to Minchinhampton Surgery Trust who provide this service is suggested.
Ante-natal / midwife clinic (Wednesdays)
- Call reception to book your initial appointment with the midwife if you are more than 6 weeks pregnant.
- Follow-up appointments may be made by the midwife directly or can be made by calling reception.
- Screening tests will be discussed with you during your initial appointment, and your GP will be involved in monitoring the progress of your pregnancy when medically needed.
- All blood tests must have been authorised by a GP or Hospital consultant. If you have been given a blood form with the requested vials from a consultant, please bring this along to your appointment.
- For routine or previously requested tests, call reception to book an appointment with a phlebotomist.
- Please note: the blood test cannot be done after 15:30 as this is the last collection time for samples to go to the laboratory.
Child immunisations & vaccinations
- Call reception if you believe your child is overdue a vaccination so we can then book your child an appointment with a practice nurse.
- For any school vaccinations that have been missed, you can also contact the Gloucestershire “School-aged Immunisation Team” on 0300 421 8140.
Diabetic clinic (Mondays)
- Call reception to make a routine appointment with a GP to discuss referral. If already agreed with a GP or nurse, call reception to make your appointment in the diabetic clinic.
- Call reception to make a same-day appointment with the triage nurse or duty doctor.
- Call reception to make a routine appointment with our travel nurse to discuss your vaccination requirements. This must be booked at least 6 weeks before the start of your trip.
- Please fill in a pre-travel questionnaire form before you attend your appointment.
- Please be aware there may be a fee involved for some vaccines.
- Find the specific travel requirements and recommended vaccinations for the country you are visiting – www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home or www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
- All GP appointments are 10 minutes long each and for one patient only. Please request a double appointment when you speak to reception if you would like more time with the GP to discuss complex or multiple problems.
- All our GP consultations have now returned to normal. Appointments can be chosen by the patient as either a face-to-face or telephone consultation.
- Additional “extended hours” GP appointments are available outside of our usual opening hours. Skype or Facetime consultations are also being offered by Dr Simpson as an alternative to telephone consultation calls. If you are interested in this as an option, find more information here.
Hearing aid clinic (Tuesdays)
- Anyone with an NHS hearing aid can book an appointment to have their hearing aids re-tubed or cleaned, plus pick-up new batteries for their hearing aids, all free of charge.
- Please note: due to lack of demand this clinic now only occurs at Minchinhampton Surgery on the last Tuesday of every other month
- You can find additional support & find other clinics by contacting the Gloucestershire Deaf Association – please visit their website or call 01452 372999.
Mental health advice
- Call reception to book a routine appointment with a GP or nurse
- You can also self-refer to Let’s Talk or Every Mind Matters
- If you or someone you know needs urgent help in a mental health crisis, call the Gloucestershire Crisis team on 0800 169 0398. If there is an immediate danger to life, dial 999 or go to your nearest Accident & Emergency Department.
Please contact reception if you wish to book an appointment with a Nurse or Health Care Assistant for any of the following:
- B12 injection (must be agreed with GP beforehand)
- Blood pressure check
- Cervical screening
- Child immunisations
- Contraceptive injection
- Ear check
- Ear syringing
- ECG (must be agreed with GP beforehand)
- Influenza or Covid19 vaccination
- Pertussis, pneumovax, or shingles vaccinations (subject to patient eligibility)
- Pill check
- Routine “health check” (subject to patient eligibility)
- Stitch removal
Physiotherapy clinic (Tuesdays)
- Call reception to make an appointment with our own physiotherapist based at the surgery.
- Alternatively, you can self-refer to the Gloucestershire NHS physiotherapy service
- You can also sign up for the Gloucestershire MSK app (powered by getUBetter) which offers tips & exercises to help you recover from a range of musculoskeletal conditions. For more information about this app, please click here.
Post-natal clinic (Tuesdays)
- Appointments for your 8-week post-natal check, and your baby’s 8-week check and immunisations will be automatically made.
- You should receive a letter from the surgery detailing the appointment dates and times
Respiratory clinic (Tuesdays)
- Call reception to make a routine appointment with your GP to discuss referral.
- If already agreed with a GP or nurse, call reception to make your appointment in the respiratory clinic
Sexual health clinic (Tuesdays)
- Call reception to make an initial telephone appointment with our sexual health nurse who can give you advice and guidance on our sexual health services available.
- The sexual health nurse will contact you directly to book the actual procedure into a sexual health clinic– this cannot be done directly from reception
- The sexual health clinic is suitable for coils and implants (fitting & removal), sexual health advice, and STI screenings
- We accept patients from other neighbouring practices, but a temporary registration form must be completed in advance