If you or someone you know needs urgent help in a mental health crisis, call the Gloucestershire Crisis team on 0800 169 0398. If there is an immediate danger to life, dial 999 or go to your nearest Accident & Emergency Department.
Local services providing mental health support
- Gloucestershire Counselling Service – visit the website
- Let’s Talk – visit the website or call 0800 073 2200
- Every Mind Matters – visit the website, where you can also find information on how to create your own personalised “Mind Plan” with steps to protect your mental health and prevent problems escalating
- The Samaritans – visit the website or call 116 123
- ConnectED – visit the website, runs monthly group for discussing supporting loved ones struggling with eating and body image
Support for young people and children
- Childline – visit the website or call 0800 11 11
- Young Minds – visit the website or text “YM” to 85258 for free 24/7 text support
- Teens In Crisis – visit the website
- ChatHealth – young people aged 11-19 years can get advice and support from a school nurse using the ChatHealth confidential texting service. Questions can be asked about a range of topics, including anxiety, emotional health and wellbeing, sexual health and relationships, family issues, body image, and a range of other health concerns. Send a text to 07507 333 351 and you should receive a response the same day within working hours.