Let us know you are a carer
Does someone at home or in your neighbourhood depend upon you to help with their everyday living? If so, you a carer.
- A carer is “someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help”.
- This could be looking after a partner, child, family member, or friend who is ill, frail, disabled, or who has mental health or substance misuse problems.
The role you perform is incredibly important to the person you care for and also to our GP practice and the local community.
- If you look after someone you may be entitled to a range of support from both local services and the practice.
- As a GP Practice we have a role in supporting carers’ health and we work closely with carers support agencies and local voluntary sector organisations to identify and support carers and their families who visit the practice.
- Tell your GP you are carer so we can help make sure you get the support and care you need. Please ask for a “Carers Pack” at reception or fill in a registration form to let us know that you are a carer. The carers pack also contains valuable information and resources to help you and the person you care for.
Gloucestershire Carers Hub
The Gloucestershire Carers Hub is an accessible service where you can gain support, feel valued, and offload your worried or concerns. After registering with the Carers Hub, you will have access to free information and guidance, receive support to assist in your caring role, and meet other carers in a safe space.
Carers Emergency Scheme
The Carer’s Emergency Scheme’s focus is to offer reassurance to carers in Gloucestershire that should an unplanned, emergency situation arise whereby they are unable to provide care, then interim support can be arranged at this potentially difficult time.
The service consists of two distinct levels offering flexibility and a level of choice for carers to suit their needs. Both levels of the scheme offer assurance that should an activation be required, details of the carer, the cared for, and any other named responders, are held securely and not disclosed to any parties other than those authorised. The scheme can be activated 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.