You are already a member of Minchinhampton PPG if you are registered as a patient at Minchinhampton Surgery.
What is the PPG?
The PPG Committee is a patient group elected by the Annual General Meeting (AGM), to which all Minchinhampton Surgery patients are invited.
PPG members do whatever we can to promote excellence in our surgery, and we hope you join in. We are especially looking forward to a new surgery / health centre building for Minchinhampton, and we need your help in the consultation process. You can help this practice to continue flourishing. To receive the latest news, consultations, and meeting details, please email email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and, we hope, meeting you.
PPG Aims & Objectives
- Promote positive relations between patients and the practice
- Encourage health promotion and personal responsibility
- Provide a patient voice when new services are being planned or when services might be withdrawn
- Encourage and help implement any patient-led research projects
- Provide patient feedback to the surgery, including compliments, comments, and concerns
- Assist the surgery and its patients by providing a Volunteer Transport Service for patients needing to attend the surgery and other local medical facilities or hospitals
All Minchinhampton patients are welcome at PPG meetings. The agenda for the next meeting is usually ready 2 weeks in advance – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
The next PPG meeting is on: date TBC
The PPG meet at Horsfall House (Windmill Road, Minchinhampton, GL6 9EY) at 7pm in the Dr Booth Day Centre. The day of the week rotates to assist attendance.
- Graham Spender (PPG Acting Committee Chair)
- Ian McPherson (PPG Hon Secretary)
- Kerry Thompson (Practice Manager at Minchinhampton Surgery, representing the practice)
- PPG member gallery and information
Patient Volunteer Transport
Need a lift to health appointments? The PPG offers friendly and cheap patient transport to this surgery, local hospitals, dentists, physiotherapists, and opticians. Please find more information about the Patient Volunteer Transport scheme and how booking arrangements can be made here.
New drivers who can help the scheme are always welcome and very much needed. If you are new to this area, driving with us is a great ice-breaker. You get to know the area much better and meet a variety of wonderful people. If you would like to find out more information about the transport scheme, please click here. If you would like to volunteer, please talk to one of our organisers by calling 01453 887314 or emailing email@example.com.
The PPG Committee has contributed to successive ratings of the practice by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as “Overall Outstanding” (last published 2018). Please support your PPG and help the practice to continue to be rated outstanding. Please find full details of the report here.
New practice build
Please find the PPG’s statement in support of the proposed new Medical Centre for Minchinhampton here.
PPG meeting minutes