Babies Cry You Can Cope
During this challenging time stress levels at home may be increased. Please follow the ICON guidance for coping with crying.
Support During The Covid Pandemic
Scam alert: bogus COVID-19 vaccination text messages.
A scam regarding the COVID-19 vaccine is doing the rounds via text message. The text is made to look like it comes from the NHS, stating ‘we have identified that you are eligible to apply for your vaccine’ and advises people to follow a link to get more information and ‘apply’. Those who follow the link are taken to a pretty good imitation of an NHS website that asks for personal details, including bank/card details, ‘to check your identity.’ This is a scam please do not respond with any personal details.
Vaccination advice for Health Care workers
Gloucestershire community dental, pharmacy and optometry services – COVID Vaccination Programme
Information for staff
COVID-19 vaccinations will be provided at the Edward Jenner Vaccination Hub at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, the Hub is sign posted, but on the hospital map its named the Redwood Education Centre (grey building).
Please bring an ID badge or a recent pay slip to confirm you work for an organisations in Gloucestershire, otherwise you will not be able to have your vaccination.
Please bring your NHS number this will save time.
Please wear a warm coat as there may be some outside waiting.
Free parking is available and a map of the site can be found on the Gloucestershire Hospitals website
Please read the COVID-19 vaccine leaflets ahead of your appointment, and wear loose fitting clothing to get vaccinated. You must also wear a mask or face covering when you enter the Vaccination Hub.
You should expect the appointment to last approximately 30 minutes.
If you feel unwell do not attend.
If you are self-isolating or have had a confirmed diagnosis of COVID within the previous 4 weeks do not attend
If you have a history of immediate-onset anaphylaxis to a vaccine, medicine or food do not have the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine
Every Mind Matters
Over two million people have created Mind Plans so far to find out the personalised steps they can do to protect themselves and prevent problems escalating, just as we do with our physical health. For more information and to create your Mind Plan click on the link below.
Free Carer Skills, Training and Development
Face Mask Exemptions
We are aware that some patients might be understandably anxious about the Government’s recent announcements around the use of face masks in various public settings.
GPs are unfortunately not in a position to provide individual risk assessments or letters for patients who feel that they should be exempt from wearing a face mask.
Gloucestershire Local Medical Committee has therefore prepared this guidance note as the statutory body that advises and supports all GPs and practice teams across both counties.
The government guidance on exemptions suggests there is no requirement for evidence for exemption therefore it is sufficient for an individual to self-declare this.
Similarly, practices are under no obligation to provide letters of support for anyone who does not fall under the list of exemptions but considers them to have another reason to be exempted.
Government advice on the use of face coverings can be found here:
Some people don’t have to wear a face covering including for health, age or equality reasons. Some transport and retail staff may not wear a face covering if it is not required for their job.
We hope that this guidance provides some reassurance for you on this issue.
Mental Health Support
Mental Health Support
Local sources of support include:
- Qwell – Digital mental health and wellbeing platform including self-care resources, peer support and access to online counsellors https://www.qwell.io/
- Gloucestershire Counselling Service www.gloscounselling.org.uk
- Let’s Talk: 0800 073 2200 or www.letstalkglos.nhs.uk
- Every Mind Matters: http://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters
- Five Ways to Wellbeing and further support: https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/look-after-your-wellbeing
- The Samaritans: 116 123 or https://www.samaritans.org
- Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind: https://sgmind.org.uk
- Human Givens: https://humangivens.com
- Childline 0800 11 11 www.childline.org.uk
- The Mix 0808 4994 www.themix.org.uk or text THEMIX to 85258
- Young Minds 0808 802 5544 www.youngminds.org.uk or text YM to 85258
- Teens in Crisis: https://ticplus.org.uk
- Gloucestershire’s Rethink Self Harm Helpline: 0808 801 0606 or email@example.com
- CRISIS number 0800 169 0398
- Or, if immediate danger to life dial 999 or go to nearest Accident & Emergency department